Swiss Zucchini Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- Place zucchini and onion in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, bouillon, Italian seasoning, mustard and pepper; set aside.
- Layer half of zucchini mixture in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup Swiss cheese. Repeat layers. Pour egg mixture over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 306 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 262mg cholesterol, 418mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Sep 6, 2011
This was really a good recipe, but I have to remove the green skin on the zucchini since my husband cannot have it...The saying is "Real men don't like quiche", but this is not quiche and my husband loved it....I thought it was good myself and will make it again.Thank you!
Aug 31, 2011
This was great! I only had cheddar on hand and that worked as well. Thank you! I will definitely make this side dish again.
Aug 31, 2011
I will toss the squash in the egg mixture next time.
Aug 30, 2011
I try to serve meatless meals several times a week. This made an excellent supper for just my husband and I. I served it with roast vegetables and a green salad. Wonderful!
Aug 23, 2011
YUMMY!! Very good, forgot to add the onions :(. Followed directions otherwise, did put salt & pepper on top. Will make again
Sep 27, 2009
Very good. Nice change.
Jul 20, 2009
I can hardly wait for my firs zucchini out of my garden! When I saw this recipe, I used my first zucchini for this recipe! What flavor!! Went over well and will definately be made several times this summer!!Thanks for sharing!!