- 8 medium red potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 jar (6 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 medium yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/ teaspoon dried basil
- Salt to taste
- 1 package (.6 ounce) zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Cook the potatoes until tender but firm. Drain and cube; place in a large bowl. Add artichokes, chilies, pimientos, peppers, onion, basil and salt. Combine remaining ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Pour over salad and toss well. Chill at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forZesty Red Potato Salad
"As much as I like traditional potato salads, sometimes I want something different and this recipe satisfies that yen. My family and friends agree!"