Vanilla Tapioca Pudding
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (.8 ounce) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, tapioca, sugar and pudding mix. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Spoon into four dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 133 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat-free milk.
Jan 12, 2020
I've always failed at tapioca pudding. Until now. It came out smooth and creamy, with just enough tapioca texture to feel. I might add just a pinch more next time, but that would mean adding even more milk -- and that's my one caution: Plan to make 6 servings, or 4 enormous ones!
Jun 22, 2014
OMGoodness, this sounds **wonderful**. Thank You for sharing! growing up my Mom would make the *regular* kind tapioca pudding. Cannot say enough how much I miss her.
Mar 16, 2014
Excellent! Easy and very quick to make. Thanks for sharing!
Feb 17, 2010
I have made this recipe several times, and found I could "bump" the flavor by using French Vanilla pudding and extra vanilla extract.