Tuna and Rice Casserole
This recipe contains one of my favorite combinations, broccoli and rice, so I make it often.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Homemade Cream-Style Soup Mix
- 3/4 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- In a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. In a microwave-safe dish, whisk together water and soup mix. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, whisking occasionally. Add soup to sauteed onions. Stir in the broccoli, tuna, milk, salt and lemon-pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Stir in rice. Cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with almonds.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Originally published as Tuna and Rice Casserole in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.