Tuna Noodle Cups
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked medium egg noodles (about 4 cups)
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) light tuna in water, drained
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots (about 10 ounces), thawed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook noodles according to package directions; drain and return to pot. Add tuna, peas and carrots, onion and 1 cup cheese.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, water and seasonings; toss with noodle mixture. Divide among 18 well-greased muffin cups. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until heated through, 30-35 minutes. Cool 5 minutes. Loosen edges with a knife before removing from pans.
Nutrition Facts2 noodle cups: 316 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 549mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Oct 26, 2010
If I made this recipe again, I would put more tuna. Because the recipe called for no seasoning at all, it was very bland. I would definitely change that too. They did make a neat presentation, a nice change from a traditional casserole.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.