Tuna Noodle Cups
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked medium egg noodles (about 4 cups)
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) light tuna in water, drained
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots (about 10 ounces), thawed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook noodles according to package directions; drain and return to pot. Add tuna, peas and carrots, onion and 1 cup cheese.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, water and seasonings; toss with noodle mixture. Divide among 18 well-greased muffin cups. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until heated through, 30-35 minutes. Cool 5 minutes. Loosen edges with a knife before removing from pans.
Nutrition Facts2 noodle cups: 316 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 549mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 26, 2010
If I made this recipe again, I would put more tuna. Because the recipe called for no seasoning at all, it was very bland. I would definitely change that too. They did make a neat presentation, a nice change from a traditional casserole.