Tuna in the Straw Casserole
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (5 ounces) albacore white tuna in water
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups potato sticks, divided
- In a large bowl, stir soup and milk until blended. Stir in the tuna, mushrooms, vegetables and 1-1/2 cups potato sticks.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining potatoes. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and potatoes are crisp.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 289 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 881mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein.
Nov 24, 2011
Made this recipe and loved it. I was asked by a very close friend to help her out with a dish for 10 people. She was not in love with tuna so I pan fried 6-7 chicken breasts, cooled then added to the recipe which I increased X's 3. She just had to sprinkle the potato stix on top and cook. Her diners loved it and wanted the recipee. (I didn't decrease any items in the original recipe, just increased everything 3 times).
Jun 24, 2011
This was pretty good,my husband and I had no trouble eating the whole pan,I wasn't overly fond of the mixed veg but wasn't sure if it was the peas or lima beans I didn't care for. I would definitely make it again.
Mar 28, 2010
I mentioned this recipe to my niece by letting her know about the ingredients. She just scrunched her nose and didn't like the sound of it... but I truly enjoyed it. It had a slightly sweet taste, I think from the evaporated milk. I really like this recipe. Thanks!
Apr 6, 2009
a very tasty change -my family enjoys this one
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.