- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (6 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken stuffing mix
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise and lemon juice; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in 1/3 cup cheese, stirring until melted. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream mixture. Add spinach, stuffing mix, bread crumbs and tuna.
- Drain noodles and place in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with tuna mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until lightly browned and heated through.
1 each: 346 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 734mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.