Tomato & Garlic Butter Bean Dinner
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach (about 6 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked pasta and grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir until tender, 30-45 seconds. Add tomatoes, beans, spinach, Italian seasoning and pepper; cook until spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally. If desired, serve with pasta and cheese.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled bean mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups (calculated without pasta and cheese): 147 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 9g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Nov 5, 2017
I made this as written. Couldn't even eat it. Not sure what was so off about this. I have similar recipes that I like well enough.
Apr 30, 2016
Really liked this recipe. Was even quicker to get ready when I used leftover pasta I had stored in the freezer.
Jan 7, 2015
This was a quick and easy lunch for me today. I had leftover rice that needed to be used so I put it over that instead of pasta. It was good but next time I will add some extra oregano and basil. Definitely needs some grated cheese on top.
Jan 4, 2015
I love butter beans, and usually have all of these ingredients on hand. I really liked this recipe.