Toffee Coffee Cookies
My favorite ice cream flavor features coffee and toffee flavors, so I thought, why not pack that same great taste into a cookie? The toffee bits are a happy surprise. —Joanne Wright, Niles, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min./batch
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 1 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in hot water.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, melted chocolate, vanilla and coffee mixture. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in toffee bits and baking chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 16-18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 130 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Toffee Coffee Cookies in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.