Winning Cranberry Chip Cookies
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips, cranberries, pecans and toffee bits if desired (dough will be stiff).
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 11-14 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 82 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 17, 2017
Nice recipe, but no way you get 6 dozen cookies if you use rounded tablespoon size pieces of dough. I got just over 2 dozen thick cookies. I reduced sugar to 1/2 cup and used sweetened, dried cranberries.
Sep 22, 2017
I thought they were very good. I did not put in the toffee and I used white chocolate chips instead of the semisweet chocolate.
Jun 22, 2017
With this recipe I didn't have enough semi-sweet available and put in white chocolate chips to make up the difference and still had very tasty results.
Nov 17, 2016
Very good! I took them to church party. Everyone wanted the recipe.
Dec 18, 2014
Somewhat dryer than I think of as a cookie.
Apr 20, 2014
Really, Really good. However, the toffee bits were unnoticeable to me. A winner fur sure.
Nov 1, 2013
These cookies are terrific. However, i did alter the recipe a bit the second time I made therm. Instead of using 1 cup of white sugar, I used 3/4 cp. white sugar and 3/4 cp. brown sugar. I feel it made the texture of the cookie much better and added the caramel color they were missing.
May 7, 2011
Really tasty just the way they are!
Dec 24, 2009
I am making these again right now... I took them to my family gathering and had good reviews. I love the chocolate chip mixed with green mints, it adds a nice Christmas flavor AND color. They are my new chocolate chip cookie!! Thanks a bunch!
Dec 20, 2009
These cookies are the best cookies ever! I made a batch and took them to work and they disappeared so fast I have had to promise to make more.