- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bunches (1 pound each) romaine, torn
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted, optional
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup Caesar salad croutons
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and shake well. Chill.
- In a large serving bowl, toss the romaine, tomatoes, Swiss cheese, almonds if desired, Parmesan cheese and bacon.
- Shake dressing; pour over salad and toss. Add croutons and serve immediately. Yield: 14 servings (1 cup each).
Reviews forThat Good Salad
"Mmmmm I love this salad. I don't pour the dressing on if because my kids are so picky and they like to eat it without the dressing . I also put grape tomatoes on them instead of chopping up a tomato, once again, because my kiddo's are picky."
"I made this for a family function and everyone liked it. I left out the almonds due to family preference."
"I have made this recipe at least 15 times over the last couple of years -- it is my go-to salad. No changes needed!"
"we made the dressing but we did not like - i whipped up some homemade ranch (pack)n drizzled it on top and tossed it up abit... turned out better - 2nd time around!"
"I must agree with Lauriesmiles, after reading the reviews, just had to make this salad.Unfortunately the dressing ruined it"
"I have to agree with the name, this was so good! I added grilled chicken and hard boiled eggs to make lunch for my husband and I. He loved it!"