- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 2-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cans (one 28 ounces, one 14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Brown beef in the drippings over medium heat; drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; add bacon and remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 16-18 servings.
Reviews forTexican Chili
"I love this recipe, I like to add a little something with red pepper flakes and hot sauce sometimes as well."
"Good recipe, but being a Texan I have to say....This is neither Texan or Mexican, much less a mixture of the two."
"Good recipe. I don't know why "hunters" loving it would make a difference one way or the other, but tasty recipe nonetheless."
"Good recipe! The meat is so tender after being in the crockpot all day."
"With a food processor, the bulk of the prep time is spent cooking the meat. Really easy n very tasty. My husband suggested adding some red pepper flakes for a bit of a kick."
"This was outstanding! As a matter of fact, I'm making it tonight!!! It's delicious and good for entertaining if it suites the crowd."
"This chili is delicious! I don't bother with the bacon and it turns out great. We have it at least twice a month."