Teriyaki Beef Stir-Fry for 3
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 beef flank steak (3/4 pound), cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Hot cooked brown rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup into a resealable plastic bag; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in batches in oil for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add broccoli, onion and peppers to the pan; stir-fry for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Return beef to the pan. Combine cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Serve over rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 320 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 695mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 vegetable, 1 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 16, 2019
Amazing recipe! My picky 12 year old loved it. I usually do not rate recipes but I told my husband I have to give this a review it was that good.
Jul 23, 2017
Jul 13, 2017
Amazing recipe! I switched the veggies around a bit based on what I had on hand, but otherwise stayed true to the recipe!
Mar 22, 2017
This is a wonderful stir-fry! Can't wait to make it again. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Mar 3, 2015
I made this tonight and actually just finished eating it. It was DELICIOUS! Nice sweet flavor. I used frozen vegetables and dried ground ginger because I did not have fresh ginger and everything was still very flavorful. I would like to know if anyone drained the grease from the beef before cooking the veggies? It did not say to do so, but I did and just added a little more canola oil. This is definitely a keeper in my house :)
Feb 4, 2015
BEST stir-fly EVER!!! Just made it least week and making it again today but this time a doubled the recipe :)
Feb 4, 2015
BEST stir-fly EVER!!! Just made it least week, and making it again today both this time a double the recipe :)
Aug 6, 2014
I created an account just to review this amazing stir fry. It is the best stir fry I have ever had. We drank the broth out of our plates it was that good!
Mar 20, 2014
This was delicious. I made it with venison. An hubby loved it too! It is a keeper. I will add more ginger next time to add more heat. Also some shredded carrots and maybe some baby corn. Yum-OH!
Jan 21, 2014