Teriyaki Beef Stir-Fry for 3
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 beef flank steak (3/4 pound), cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Hot cooked brown rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup into a resealable plastic bag; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in batches in oil for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add broccoli, onion and peppers to the pan; stir-fry for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Return beef to the pan. Combine cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Serve over rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 320 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 695mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 vegetable, 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 23, 2017
Jul 13, 2017
Amazing recipe! I switched the veggies around a bit based on what I had on hand, but otherwise stayed true to the recipe!
Mar 22, 2017
This is a wonderful stir-fry! Can't wait to make it again. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Mar 3, 2015
I made this tonight and actually just finished eating it. It was DELICIOUS! Nice sweet flavor. I used frozen vegetables and dried ground ginger because I did not have fresh ginger and everything was still very flavorful. I would like to know if anyone drained the grease from the beef before cooking the veggies? It did not say to do so, but I did and just added a little more canola oil. This is definitely a keeper in my house :)
Feb 4, 2015
BEST stir-fly EVER!!! Just made it least week and making it again today but this time a doubled the recipe :)
Feb 4, 2015
BEST stir-fly EVER!!! Just made it least week, and making it again today both this time a double the recipe :)
Aug 6, 2014
I created an account just to review this amazing stir fry. It is the best stir fry I have ever had. We drank the broth out of our plates it was that good!
Mar 20, 2014
This was delicious. I made it with venison. An hubby loved it too! It is a keeper. I will add more ginger next time to add more heat. Also some shredded carrots and maybe some baby corn. Yum-OH!
Jan 21, 2014
Nov 10, 2013
Amazing Stir Fry totally enjoyed all the vegetables totally delicious. Next time I will be making more sauce to add to the stir fry simply because I think it totally adds more flavor.