Tender Chicken for Two
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- Hot cooked rice
- Place the flour, salt and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium heat for 3-1/2 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms and green pepper until crisp-tender. Stir in the ketchup, water and sherry or broth. Add chicken; cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 14-16 minutes or until juices run clear and sauce is thickened. Serve with rice.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 5, 2015
Super simple to prepare. I had a bag of frozen red, orange & yellow peppers in the freezer that I tossed a handful in the pan. Didn't have fresh, but a can of mushroom pieces and away we went! I really enjoyed it and will fix it again.
Jan 16, 2014
Tasty and simple. Nice flavor