Chicken Fried Rice for Two
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups cold cooked instant rice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry carrot and celery in oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add rice; stir-fry for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Make a well in the center of the rice mixture; add eggs. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Add the remaining ingredients; stir-fry until heated through.
Sep 12, 2014
Delicious recipe! The addition of fresh vegetables gave it an authentic taste. I doubled the recipe for my family of four. I didn't have green onion on hand, so. I boiled some green beans and added them to the mix. I substituted the cubed chicken for one pound of shredded rotisserie chicken.
Feb 16, 2013
Ok quick dinner with left overs