Quick Chicken Fried Rice for Two
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups cold cooked long grain rice
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 green onion, sliced
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry mushrooms in oil until tender. Stir in the rice, chicken and soy sauce. Cook over low heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add egg and onion; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until egg is set.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 368 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 684mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
May 12, 2013
I will make again. Very tasty. I did start with 2 slices bacon chopped and it added more flavor.
Jan 5, 2013
Apr 29, 2012
Very easy and delicious. I substituted yellow onion for green onion and just cooked it for longer.
Feb 2, 2012
I was disappointed in this recipe because it didn't taste the same as this dish at my favorite restaurant. I would add other sauces to it, like maybe teriyaki sauce to enhance the flavor.
Jun 27, 2011
May 24, 2011
Very easy and tastes great too. I added some frozen peas to the mix after the chicken and before the egg and onions.
Jul 27, 2010
Omitted the chicken as I served this with Almond Boneless Chicken. Very tasty.
Jun 7, 2010
first time making Fried Rice came out very good
Mar 3, 2010
Tasty and very easy.
Feb 24, 2010
I was very impressed with how this turned out. I used canned mushrooms (drained), and 1 large carrot, cut up into bits, that I sauteed a bit before adding all of the ingredients. If I would have had peas I think I would have added them too. For the egg I bared a spot in the pan and scrambled the egg a bit before mixing it all together (I like the tasty egg bits).