Cantaloupe Chicken Salad for Two
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 small cantaloupe, halved and seeded
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, zest, lemon juice, ginger, salt and pepper. Add the chicken, celery, grapes and onions; toss to coat. Spoon 1 cup salad mixture into each cantaloupe half; sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 350 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 5g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fruit, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 8, 2010
Very good -the touch of ginger and lemon a big plus -I used rotisserie chicken and it is cantaloupe season in SD right now so this meal was quick and easy
Aug 6, 2010
I have made it twice and it is wonderful. The only change I made was that I used light mayo & light sour cream instead of fat-free. The lemon juice, lemon peel & ginger made it really tasty!
Jul 28, 2010
Cantaloupe Chicken Salad Recipe1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream1-1/2 teaspoons sugar1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel1/2 teaspoon lemon juice1/4 teaspoon ground gingerDash salt and pepper1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast1/2 cup sliced celery1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved2 green onions, chopped1 small cantaloupe, halved and seeded1/4 cup slivered almonds, toastedDirectionsIn a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, peel, lemon juice, ginger, salt and pepper. Add the chicken, celery, grapes and onions; toss to coat. Spoon 1 cup salad mixture into each cantaloupe half; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 2 servings.
Jul 29, 2009
Very good! The essence of summer on a plate. I hate ginger, so left that out, and I forgot to include the green onions, but it was still delicious. Make sure you have a ripe, juicy cantaloupe.
Jun 30, 2009
I don't see the ingredient lists. I see the diections but no ingredients