- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1-1/4 cups chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 6 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup sour cream, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. In a large bowl, combine the stuffing cubes, poultry seasoning and sage. Stir in broth and celery mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In another large bowl, combine the turkey, soup, garlic powder and 1/4 cup sour cream; spoon over stuffing mixture. Drain potatoes; mash in a large mixing bowl. Beat in the cream cheese, pepper, salt and remaining sour cream; spread over turkey mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forTastes Like Thanksgiving Casserole
"I want to try this one. For those of you who used leftover stuffing, how much did you use?"
"Made this for a work Thanksgiving party. I prepared it in a Crock-Pot and plugged it in when I got to work, since all of the ingredients were already cooked ahead of time. It was a big hit! I will definitely make it in the future. It might even fill in for a future Thanksgiving dinner, if we get in a pinch."
"Thank you for this recipe. My whole family loved it . It's now a family must and I shall pass this recipe onto my friends. Since I didn't have any cream of chicken on hand, I replaced it for cream of brocoli."
"A definite do again. My husband does not like stuffing but he loved this."
"This was a great filling Fall/Winter meal. I divided the recipe when trying it for the first time. We thought it was so good that next time if there are enough leftovers I will make the full recipe and freeze half."
"Really delicious but very heavy."
"I made this tonight far dinner, loved it. I used mashed sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes and stuffing mix. Next time I may add some veggies."
"Delish! The whole family loved it! We added a can of English peas but everything else was the same."