Taco Pinwheels Appetizers
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches), room temperature
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup finely chopped ripe olives
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and taco seasoning until blended. Stir in the refried beans. Spread 3-4 tablespoons over each tortilla. Layer lettuce, tomatoes, chilies and olives down the center of each tortilla; roll up tightly to 2-in. diameter.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cut into 1-in. slices. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 54 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
May 20, 2014
I have made these for 4 years in a row at summer cookouts. Everyone just loves these and they usually do not last long. I have made a few changes in the recipe. I add fresh pico de gallo along with the shredded lettuce. I do not use the green chilies or the olives. I also add more of the taco seasoning to the cream cheese/bean mixture.
Jun 21, 2010
I did not like how these turned out. They were soggy and a little bland. I'd add some cilantro next time and maybe less beans and cheese. the bean/cheese probably made them too soft and soggy.