Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cheese, salsa, chilies, garlic powder, hot pepper sauce, salt and cumin.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into 12 rectangles. Place on ungreased baking sheets; press perforations to seal. Place 1/2 cup meat mixture in the center of each rectangle. Bring four corners to the center and twist; pinch to seal.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. If desired, freeze baked Taco Twists for up to 3 months in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag.
- To use frozen Taco Twists: Bake frozen twists on an ungreased baking sheet at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 214 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Oct 28, 2012
I made this for my family and I can never make enough of them. They always want more.
Aug 23, 2010
My husband LOVES these... when we moved I had some in the freezer to cook up real quick for a quick lunch and everyone was asking for the recipe. I used 1.75 ground beef and a whole cup of salsa and added about 1/4 cup more cheese these are great with some sour cream lettuce and tomatoes on the side!
Jan 25, 2010
I have made these several times now instead of just ordinary tacos and my son loves them. I add double the amount of salsa that the recipe states, 1/2 can of the green chilies, & take out the hot sauce. Also, I actually have enough meat mixture every time to fill 4 packages of crescent rolls instead of the 3 in the recipe. They are very tasty and served with a nice salad on the side, it's a great dinner!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.