Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Shredded lettuce, sliced ripe olives, chopped tomatoes, sliced seeded jalapeno pepper, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cheese, salsa, chiles, garlic powder, hot pepper sauce, salt and cumin.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into 12 rectangles. Place on ungreased baking sheets; press perforations to seal. Place 1/2 cup meat mixture in the center of each rectangle. Bring four corners to the center and twist; pinch to seal.
- Bake at 350° until golden brown, 25-30 minutes. If desired, serve with favorite toppings. If desired, freeze baked Taco Twists for up to 3 months in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag.
- To use frozen Taco Twists: Bake frozen twists on an ungreased baking sheet at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 taco twist: 214 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 28, 2012
I made this for my family and I can never make enough of them. They always want more.
Aug 23, 2010
My husband LOVES these... when we moved I had some in the freezer to cook up real quick for a quick lunch and everyone was asking for the recipe. I used 1.75 ground beef and a whole cup of salsa and added about 1/4 cup more cheese these are great with some sour cream lettuce and tomatoes on the side!
Jan 25, 2010
I have made these several times now instead of just ordinary tacos and my son loves them. I add double the amount of salsa that the recipe states, 1/2 can of the green chilies, & take out the hot sauce. Also, I actually have enough meat mixture every time to fill 4 packages of crescent rolls instead of the 3 in the recipe. They are very tasty and served with a nice salad on the side, it's a great dinner!!