- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in black beans and tomatoes. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Place two tortillas in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Spread with half of the refried beans and half of the beef mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forTaco Lasagna
"Made this tonight and had a tastey dinner. I altered just a little by adding more hamburger (thus more seasoning. However I only had 1 pkt of taco seasoning so I used what I had on hand, 1 pkt fajita seasoning. It came out good. I also added crushed corn chips, sliced avacado, banana peppers, & cilantro. YUM! I finished it by adding fat free sour cream & shredded lettuce when served."
"Very, very, good! My family loved it!! Thank you for sharing this recipe!"
"Yummy! Cut the corn tortillas in half and place the cut sides to the edges of the dish and then fill the center with one cut half. As others have suggested, I also heat the refried beans and mix in with the meat mixture. Because my DH requires a low sodium diet, I use my own taco seasoning recipe, salt free canned tomatoes or my own canned tomatoes and add chopped jalepeno pepper. This is one of my best potluck recipes."
"Excellent recipe! easy enough for kids to help."
"Excellent recipe! The second time we made it before serving we topped it with a generous amount of chopped lettuce & diced tomatoes the topped with some sour cream. Have made several times always a big hit."
"Great recipe! The first time I made it, I followed the recipe. Excellent. Made it again, but added an additional taco seasoning packet and a can of corn (and upped the cheese to 4 cups). Even better. Used two 8-inch round pans, and had enough left over to make a handful of burritos. A definite winner!"
"I’ve tried a few recipes, this one is the best! The retried beans made it! I didn’t change a thing."
"This recipe is great with either flour or corn tortillas and in my own opinion is even better topped with fresh chopped lettuce and tomatoes."
"I made this exactly as posted several times and just loved it! I've started having to watch my cholesterol intake since then so made these changes. I used ground turkey and multi-grain tortillas along with lo-fat cheese and sour cream. Having picked up refried black beans by mistake, I went ahead and dumped it in. I swear, it tasted just as good as the original recipe. I love when that happens!"
"I tried this last night and was impressed! This recipe is a keeper! I omitted the refried beans because my daughter absolutely hates them, and left out the green pepper cuz I'm not a fan. Also substituted corn tortillas for regular tortillas because my husband is severely allergic to gluten, but did the rest as described and we loved it!!! Will definitely make this again!!!"