- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in black beans and tomatoes. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Place two tortillas in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Spread with half of the refried beans and half of the beef mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forTaco Lasagna
"I tried this last night and was impressed! This recipe is a keeper! I omitted the refried beans because my daughter absolutely hates them, and left out the green pepper cuz I'm not a fan. Also substituted corn tortillas for regular tortillas because my husband is severely allergic to gluten, but did the rest as described and we loved it!!! Will definitely make this again!!!"
"This recipe is great. I prepared it as written. I was amazed at how easy the whole dish went together. I couldn't find Mexican tomatoes so I used diced tomatoes with green chilies. My Grandson and his friends were having a gathering and they ALL loved it. I did use more cheese, like 3 - 8oz. packages. Next time, and there will be a next time, I think I will cut the tortillas in strips, as 1 reviewer did, as it was a bit difficult cutting portions."
"Try it with chili beans and use their sauce."
"My kids picked around the beans and the tomatoes... essentially leaving tacos... I may make this one again. I enjoyed the flavor but it was too close to regular tacos to justify the extra time and pans required."
"So easy and so delicious! I used corn tortillas and put it under the broiler for 2 minute at the end to make the cheesy tortillas nice and crisp!"
"Fabulous! Make it just as it it's written. It needs no changes. Everyone in my family loves this and it's a nice change from tacos!"
"we liked this but i left out the black beans. it was a good meal and we had lots leftover. would cut recipe in half next time"