Sweet Pepper Pesto Pasta
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 20 miniature sweet peppers, seeded and cut into rings
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 cup prepared pesto
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Toss peppers with oil and garlic powder; spread evenly in a greased 15x10x1-in. pan. Roast until tender, 10-15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl.
- Stir in pesto, olives and peppers. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 308 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 493mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Mar 4, 2018
Can't give this recipe more than a three because it needed a pesto recipe. The taste of the salad is going to vary with the flavors of pesto that can be made or bought so the success of the salads taste depends on the maker's choice of pestos.
Jul 17, 2014
I took this to a 4th of July picnic. I served it cold so I didn't bother the cook the peppers. Also , the pesto I used has plenty of oil so I didn't add any more. Pasta and pesto---two of my favorite things!
Oct 17, 2008
This was good, but the peppers took 25 minutes to bake. The taste will also vary depending on what type of pesto you use. We used homemade.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.