Sweet Chocolate Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and baking soda; add to creamed mixture just until combined (batter will be stiff). Place half of the batter in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Combine the filling/topping ingredients. Sprinkle half over batter. Spread remaining batter over top. Sprinkle with remaining filling/topping. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 418 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 12, 2010
A good coffee cake, but I think I would cut down on the nutmeg a bit or rename the cake.
Mar 12, 2010
It was excellent! I will make it again!
Dec 28, 2009
This is the best Coffee Cake I have ever made. Everyone who tries this LOVES it!! It's so moist and yummy. I subsitute the pecans for walnuts, only because I don't like pecans!