- 2 medium onions, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 10 kaiser or onion rolls, split
- Place onions in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Mix brown sugar, paprika, salt and pepper; rub over roast. Place over onions.
- In a small bowl, mix broth, vinegar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, chili sauce, molasses, garlic and mustard; pour over roast. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. In a small bowl, toss coleslaw mix with lime juice. Shred pork with two forks. Return pork to slow cooker; heat through. Serve on rolls with coleslaw. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forSweet & Spicy Pulled Pork Sandwiches
"The pork was delicious, if I make it again I would not mix back into cooking juices, I thought the meat taste better before mixing back into the juices. I would cook as directed, shred meat and onions then mix with barbecue sauce."
"A lot of ingredients.... but was well worth it....will make again!"
"Have tried many recipes and this has gone to the top of my list to go to next time. Nice heat that wants you going back for more"
"This was delicious !!!!! Will make it again and again !!!!"