Here's a tasty twist on the classic mimosa. To make this refreshing drink friendly for kids or mamas-to-be, substitute lemon-lime soda or ginger ale for the champagne. —Kelly Maxwell, Plainfield, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes12 servings (1 cup each)
- 7 cups sliced fresh strawberries (about 2 quarts)
- 3 cups orange juice
- 4 cups champagne, chilled
- Fresh strawberries and orange slices, optional
- Place half of the strawberries and orange juice in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Press through a fine mesh strainer. Repeat with remaining strawberries and orange juice.
- Pour a scant 2/3 cup strawberry mixture into each champagne flute or wine glass. Top with about 1/3 cup champagne. If desired, serve with a strawberry and an orange slice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 112 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Strawberry Mimosas in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016