Easy Strawberry Napoleons
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed according to package directions
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold whole milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold thawed puff pastry on cutting board. With a sharp knife, cut pastry into nine squares. Place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, sugar and vanilla; set aside. In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for two minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft set. Stir in whipped topping and until thoroughly blended. Cover and refrigerate.
- To assemble, split puff pastry squares horizontally for a total of 18 squares. Set aside six tops. Place six of the remaining puff pastry pieces on individual serving plates. Spread about 1/4 cup pudding mixture over each pastry square. Top with a spoonful of strawberries and another piece of puff pastry. Spread remaining pudding mixture over pastry pieces. Top with remaining strawberries and reserved pastry tops.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Transfer chocolate to a small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Cut a tiny corner from bag; squeeze chocolate over napoleons.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 464 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 384mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 6g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 6, 2010
This sounds delicious. I have not made it yet, but I would use Fat-free, sugar-free pudding and fat-free topping. This would cut the calories a lot and make it more diet friendly.