Orange Dream Mimosas
Your inner child will love this fun riff on the classic mimosa. Use sparkling cider, ginger ale or sparkling grape juice for a nonalcoholic version. —Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
Makes16 servings (4 cups frozen mix)
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 2 bottles (750 milliliters each) champagne or other sparkling wine
- Fresh strawberries
- Place the first 4 ingredients in a blender; cover and process until sugar is dissolved. Transfer to an 8-in. square dish; freeze, covered, 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve, place 1/4 cup orange mixture in each champagne glass. Top with champagne. Garnish with strawberries; serve immediately.
For nonalcoholic version: Substitute 2 bottles (750 milliliters each) sparkling apple cider for the champagne.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 138 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Creamsicle Mimosa in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2012