Orange Blossom Mint Refresher
I came up with this recipe because I'm not a fan of regular iced tea. This tea has the perfect combination of freshness and sweetness; the orange blossom water gives it a distinctive flavor. People always request the recipe. —Juliana Gauss, Centennial, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 6 hours
- 20 cups water
- 1 bunch fresh mint (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large navel orange
- 1 to 2 tablespoons orange blossom water or 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 teaspoons orange extract
- Optional: Orange slices and additional fresh mint
- Place water and mint in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high until heated through, about 6 hours. Strain tea; discard mint.
- Whisk in sugar until dissolved. Cut orange crosswise in half; squeeze juice from orange. Stir in juice and orange blossom water. Transfer to a pitcher. Refrigerate until cold, 4-6 hours. Serve over ice with orange slices and additional mint, if desired.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 43 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 11g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Jun 1, 2019
Neat drink but the orange blossom water is hard to find.
May 27, 2019
May 13, 2019
Apr 20, 2019
How much tea? You’re missing the tea in the recipe!
Mar 5, 2019