Lavender Mint Tea
With the fabulous flavors of mint, lavender, rosemary and honey, you won't miss the tea leaves in this hot beverage from our home economists.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- 4 teaspoons dried lavender flowers
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 teaspoons honey, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the mint, lavender and rosemary. Add boiling water. Cover and steep for 4 minutes. Strain tea, discarding mint mixture. Stir in honey if desired. Serve immediately.
Editor's NoteLook for dried lavender flowers in spice shops. If using lavender from the garden, make sure it hasn’t been treated with chemicals.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 3 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Lavender Mint Tea in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.