- 3 to 4 pounds boneless beef sirloin steak, cubed
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (12 ounces) regular cola
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 envelopes country gravy mix
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until beef is tender.
- With a slotted spoon, remove beef and mushrooms. Place gravy mix in a large saucepan; gradually whisk in cooking liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Serve beef and mushrooms over noodles; top with gravy. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forSteak Stroganoff
"Very easy to make and very good. There was way too much sauce though and it didn't really thicken. Next time I would not put all the liquid in with the gravy mix."
"Loved it!!!!!! For those that asked about Country Gravy; it is the white kind, unless you have listened to Paula Dean. She swears Country Gravy is the brown version. Makes you wonder if Paula is really from the South? lol"
"This was very good but I will do a few things different next time. I will use low sodium broth to reduce the salty taste. I also used only one package of the gravy mix to 3 or so cups of the liquid, then half the sour cream. That was more than enough sauce. Otherwise it was great."
"I always use mash potatoes for beef stroganoff and it is the best"
"Initially I kept thinking "there's too much .....stuff in this but I'm going to try it anyway". I'm glad I did. It was delicious! I'll definitely be making this again"
"This recipe was great! I will be making again!"
"I have made this for my family more times than I can count! It is always a requested favorite...especially with the children. Love it!"
"I've been searching for a recipe this simple and delicious. Thank you."
"best strognoff recipe I've ever made and easy too!"