VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 ounces beef flank steak
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup cold cooked rice
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. In a small skillet coated with cooking spray, cook steak in oil over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Thinly slice steak across the grain; place down the center of each tortilla. Top with the rice, avocado, beans, sour cream, salsa, onion and cilantro. Roll up; serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Steak Burritos in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2010, p102