- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons malt vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1 cup frozen french-fried potatoes
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak
- 3 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- For dressing, whisk first four ingredients until sugar is dissolved. Cook potatoes according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, place a skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add steak; cook until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°), 5-6 minutes per side. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- To serve, divide lettuce, tomato and onion between two plates; top with potatoes, steak and cheese. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSteak 'n' Fries Salad
"My daughter is a finiky eater and not to fond of salads but loves french fries she inhaled the salad and is always requesting for me to make it again."