Spring Onion Pimiento Cheese Grits
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 2 cups uncooked stone-ground yellow grits
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare grits according to package directions. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, using a mixer, beat cream cheese. Add mayonnaise; continue beating until creamy. Add next 5 ingredients, mixing until well blended.
- Stir butter and pimiento cheese mixture into the warm grits; season to taste. Mix well.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 281 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Apr 27, 2019
This was easy to make and really delicious. It reminded me a little bit of cheesy mashed potatoes. We had it as the main dish for dinner so I think it could be either a side or an entree.
May 21, 2017
This recipe for grits is amazing! So creamy and flavorful due to the pimentos! This is definitely one of my new favorites!