Cheddar Bacon Grits
In the South, grits are served plain with a little butter or loaded with extras, like my recipe with bacon, cheddar and green chiles. —Amanda Reed, Nashville, Tennessee
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked old-fashioned grits
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, bring water to a boil. Slowly stir in grits, salt and paprika. Reduce heat; cook, covered, 15-20 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in cheese, bacon and chilies until cheese is melted.
Originally published as White Cheddar, Bacon & Green Chile Grits in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.