- 8 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked old-fashioned grits
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- Sliced green onions, optional
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, bring water to a boil. Slowly stir in grits, salt and paprika. Reduce heat; cook, covered, 15-20 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in cheese, bacon and chiles until cheese is melted. If desired, sprinkle with green onions.
3/4 cup: 199 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 418mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.