Spicy Tilapia Rice Bowl
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pepper and onion stir-fry blend
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 envelope fajita seasoning mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Optional toppings: Cubed avocado, sour cream and salsa
- Sprinkle fillets with Cajun seasoning. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add fillets; cook until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 4-6 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm. Wipe pan clean.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil. Add squash; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add stir-fry blend and tomatoes; cook until vegetables are tender, 6-8 minutes longer. Stir in fajita seasoning mix; cook and stir until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes longer.
- In a small bowl, mix beans, salt and pepper. Divide rice among 4 serving bowls; layer with beans, vegetables and fillets. If desired, serve with toppings.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 538 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 1365mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 10g fiber), 33g protein.
May 14, 2018
I used shrimp instead of fish and added diced jalape?o pepper to the veggies. Very delicious and easy dish! I will definitely be making this regularly.
Feb 26, 2016
I actually forgot about the fajita seasoning and it was still delicious and filling!
Sep 13, 2014
This was FABULOUS! Spicy and healthy. The only thing I did differently was to broil the fish instead of frying in oil. My husband loved it and it is so full of veggies! Definitely will make it regularly.