Southern Pineapple Casserole
When I make pineapple casserole, I double the amount —because guests frequently request a second helping for dessert! Sweet-tangy fruit is even better combined with savory cheddar cheese and buttery cracker crumb topping. —Catherine Ann Goza, Leland, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 2-1/2 cups crushed Ritz crackers (about 60 crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix sugar and flour; stir in cheese. Stir in both cans of drained pineapple.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, mix crackers and butter. Sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until topping is brown and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes.
Originally published as Southern Pineapple Casserole in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.