Southern Pineapple Casserole
When I make pineapple casserole, I double the amount —because guests frequently request a second helping for dessert! Sweet-tangy fruit is even better combined with savory cheddar cheese and buttery cracker crumb topping. —Catherine Ann Goza, Leland, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 2-1/2 cups crushed Ritz crackers (about 60 crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix sugar and flour; stir in cheese. Stir in both cans of drained pineapple.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, mix crackers and butter. Sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until topping is brown and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes.