Pineapple Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) DOLE crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 large marshmallows
- Place sweet potatoes in a large kettle and cover with water; bring to a boil. Boil gently until potatoes can easily be pierced with the tip of a sharp knife, about 30-45 minutes. Drain; cool slightly.
- Peel potatoes and place in a large with with butter and sugar; mash.. Add pineapple, eggs, vanilla, nutmeg and salt, stir to combine.
- Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with marshmallows. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 367 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 18, 2014
I have been making this exact recipe since the 80's. Always a hit! I did use the mini marshmallows.
Feb 16, 2014
I love anything with sweet potato. But, my family is a bit more fussy, especially my husband, who loved this recipe . I served this for Thanksgiving and my mother and son-in-law gave me compliments too - so it will be my new standard.
Dec 26, 2013
This is a very easy and delicious recipe. The only thing I will change is miniature marshmallows instead of large.
Sep 2, 2013
It was delicious. Everyone decided it was to be added to the list of family favorites.
Mar 29, 2013
This casserole tastes just how I remember it when I was young. Wouldn't change a thing. Super simple to put together.
Nov 18, 2012
I've made this twice now for two different church potlucks and both times I had ladies come to me for the recipe. Many, many compliments! "Tastes like a dessert!" they'd say. Thank you, TOH!!
Nov 17, 2012
We have a "traditional" sweet potato recipe but one year I tried this one. I am not allowed to come to family holidays without brining this with me now. My family gives it a 5 out of 5 rating every time. The pineapple makes the diference. I lost my recipe so thank you for keeping it on the website. I would have been in real trouble this year. :)
Nov 28, 2009
My family really liked this recipe this year for Thanksgiving. This says a lot, because they are used to the traditional sweet potatoes with brown sugar and lots of marshmallows. I opted for a slightly healthier version, and it was a hit. My only mistake was that I cooked it a bit too long, and the marshmallows were too crispy. I will definitely make this one again.
Nov 7, 2009
I made this one today and it was a total success , in fact some of my guests took some home with them and some wanted the recipe, too bad that there are only 5 stars on the rating I would have given this one a 10 +