Pineapple Coconut Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, potatoes, 3/4 cup coconut and onion. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, whisk the brown sugar, flour, salt, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with remaining coconut. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 221 calories, 6g fat (5g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 406mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 28, 2014
This recipe is sooo delicious! I used unsweetened coconut. Lightly sweet & savory. Wonderful flavor!
Aug 10, 2011
I tried this recipe tonight to see if I liked it well enough to serve to my bunco group tomorrow night. I absolutely will! They are delicious and such a unique thing to serve with the coconut prawns I'm fixing.