Pineapple Coconut Potatoes
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, potatoes, 3/4 cup coconut and onion. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, whisk the brown sugar, flour, salt, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with remaining coconut. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
3/4 cup: 221 calories, 6g fat (5g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 406mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Jun 14, 2015
This recipe is sooo delicious! I used unsweetened coconut. Lightly sweet & savory. Wonderful flavor!
Aug 10, 2011
I tried this recipe tonight to see if I liked it well enough to serve to my bunco group tomorrow night. I absolutely will! They are delicious and such a unique thing to serve with the coconut prawns I'm fixing.