Cashew-Peach Sweet Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30-45 minutes or just until tender. Drain and cool slightly; peel and cut into cubes.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cashews, salt and ginger. Place half of the sweet potatoes in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish; top with half of the peaches and brown sugar mixture. Repeat layers; dot with butter.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly and heated through.
Sep 2, 2013
This recipe is wonderful. Everytime I make it, I am asked for the recipe. I cut the peaches into chunks and sometimes I use nuts and sometimes I don't but it is always great!
Apr 8, 2013
I served this on Christmas and it quickly became a family fav. The combo of the peaches and sweet potatoes are delicious
Dec 21, 2011
I used pecans instead of cashews. Everyone at my dinner table was stating how yummy the dish was. Great recipe and it helped in filling the men.
Nov 26, 2011
This is a great dish with a twist! Our whole family enjoyed it. I would cut the peaches smaller next time though.
Nov 23, 2010
I have made this recipe for Thanksgiving dinner for years! I still get compliments from family members who eat it every year. I add extra peaches to satisfy my family's taste!
Mar 24, 2008
Easy and delicious and healthy. Thank you!