Sweet Potatoes for Two
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg or mace
- Cut potatoes into chunks; transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish. Set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, water and salt; bring to a boil. Pour over potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until syrup thickens, basting occasionally. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 425 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 443mg sodium, 81g carbohydrate (65g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Sep 30, 2015
Easy to make and very good to eat!
Nov 15, 2013
Simple, easy, and delicious, I'll be making these again!
Nov 1, 2010
Really good, but its tastes better when you use raw potates instead of cooked. I bake them in the oven for about an hour and it tastes much better than having precooked. I double the recipe everyone loves it!!
Mar 9, 2010
My family loves sweet potatoes and thinks this recipe is definitely a keeper. I have no problem with this and will be making this for them many more times.
Dec 30, 2009
Easy to make. Not overly sweet, which was what I was looking for.