Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes with Bacon
This side always takes my guests by surprise because of the smoky flavor, creamy texture and pretty presentation. You'll get major kudos when you place these on your table. —Cynthia Boberskyj, Rochester, New York
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 6 medium sweet potatoes (about 12 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375°. Scrub sweet potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Place in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan; bake until tender, 1 to 1-1/4 hours. Cool slightly.
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato; discard slice. Scoop out pulp, leaving thin shells. In a large bowl, mash pulp with butter, salt and pepper; stir in cheese and bacon. Spoon into potato shells.
- Return to pan. Bake until heated through, 15-20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed potato: 611 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 683mg sodium, 84g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 10g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Stuffed Sweet Potato in Taste of Home October/November 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.