Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes with Bacon
This side always takes my guests by surprise because of the smoky flavor, creamy texture and pretty presentation. You'll get major kudos when you place these on your table. —Cynthia Boberskyj, Rochester, New York
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 6 medium sweet potatoes (about 12 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375°. Scrub sweet potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Place in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan; bake until tender, 1 to 1-1/4 hours. Cool slightly.
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato; discard slice. Scoop out pulp, leaving thin shells. In a large bowl, mash pulp with butter, salt and pepper; stir in cheese and bacon. Spoon into potato shells.
- Return to pan. Bake until heated through, 15-20 minutes.