Double-Baked Mashed Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Add the sour cream, milk, butter and 1 cup cheese. Stir in the onion, bacon, salt and pepper. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated though.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 363 calories, 21g fat (14g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 537mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 8, 2019
There are a few similar looking recipes from Taste of Home like this, but this one is definitely my favorite! I think it just has the best ratio of "add ins". I like to sprinkle the top with finely chopped green onions just before serving. I'll be sure to mark this one as my new fave!
Jan 24, 2018
Very good when I'm looking for cheesy potatoes. In a pinch, I use real bacon bits.
Oct 17, 2016
I've made these for years but I used instant mashed potatoes since that's usually what I keep on hand anyway
Sep 21, 2015
Not dry like many twice baked potato dishes are. I left out the onions. It needed a little more flavor so I added a teaspoon of onion salt.
Apr 26, 2015
Pretty good potato recipe. Next time I might try cooking the onions with the bacon like a previous reviewer did.
Nov 27, 2014
Made these for Thanksgiving dinner to mix things up a bit. Was a hit with everyone including my college girl and her boyfriend who only got to see the picture. Will definitely make more often....
Oct 11, 2014
That's supposed to be 5 star! Can't change it. Made this last night & it is yummy. Halved the recipe for the 2 of us, couldn't wait for company. Cooked the onion with the bacon. Also added a bit of green onion for colour. Will make again.
Oct 7, 2014
I can see making this with Roast Beef, Carrotsand Onion Soup Mix some how... to make it a Roast Beef Doubled-Baked Mashed Potatoes. And, maybe a salad on the side.
Mar 12, 2014
Omg! My husband and boys gobbled this dish up and requested for more..yummy yummy.
Nov 13, 2013
This is so good! This is my new favorite way to make these