Sour Cream Apple Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add sour cream. Stir in sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, vanilla and salt; mix well. Gently stir in apples. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine brown sugar and remaining flour; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over top of pie. Bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Serve or cover and refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 402 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 23, 2017
I have made this pie many times over the last several years and it is by far my favorite pie. You won't be disappointed.
Aug 10, 2015
Add one tbsp Calvados apple liqueor to the apples. Perfect.
Mar 8, 2015
I would probably add more apples and double the topping. It IS very unique. My son doesn't even like apple pie but he liked this!
Dec 16, 2014
This is my husband's new favorite apple pie. I cut the sugar in the filling by half because I was using up a sweet-crisp apple. I usually spice my apple pies, but I didn't miss it at all. It is wonderful creamy goodness.
Nov 27, 2014
Thank you for sharing this and all the tips about the ice cream and tweaking the recipe. My business, God Driven Designs, has an upcoming event in December and we wanted to test a recipe beforehand. We're always looking for inspirational ways to create new food ideas to share with our clients. I didn't do a crumb topping with this, but might add a caramel glaze and I actually cut the sugar in half and used Pillsbury redi bake crust that we cut into circles to make mini pies. They turned out great with a hint of cinnamon on top. We might just give these out as gifts this year!
Oct 13, 2012
Nice comfort food
Oct 11, 2012
This is one of my husband's favorites. I'm always asked about the recipe!!
Sep 9, 2012
Creamy and delicious!
Nov 26, 2011
So delicious! I made this for Thanksgiving and will make it again for Christmas! Such a great twist to an apple pie!
Nov 25, 2011
very good... be sure to use stick butter, not tub butter for the topping!