Sour Cream-Lemon Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- Pastry for single-crust pie
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Preheat oven to 450°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim crust to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge.
- Line unpricked crust with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake until bottom is lightly browned, 8 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake until golden brown, 5-7 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large heavy saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in milk and lemon juice until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in butter and lemon zest. Cool without stirring.
- Stir in sour cream. Add filling to crust. Top with whipped cream. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 437 calories, 26g fat (15g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Feb 19, 2016
Love love love this recipe.
Oct 14, 2014
For the second time I've made this pie, both times with rave reviews. The only change I made is adding a little lemon juice to the whipped cream.Next time I will add the sour cream before it's completely cool, so it will be more incorporated. Even done as written its amazing, and not overly hard
May 11, 2014
This is my favorite pie to make!!! It is so good and easy to make. I like mine with a normal pie cuts instead of gram cracker. And for all the people who say get a premade crust and use an instant pudding it's not the same!
May 4, 2014
Very good! I used graham cracker crust because I like that!
May 2, 2014
I used a ready made Graham cracker crust instead. I added a half of cup of evaporated milk to the regular milk. Great pie. .
May 14, 2013
We loved this pie. It was creamy with just the right mixture of sweet and tart. I made two changes. I substituted 1/2 cup of maple syrup instead of the sugar, and I added a tsp of cream of tarter to the whipped cream since I wanted it to hold its shape for a couple of days.
Feb 2, 2013
Hubby called this pie a "home run" and that was without whipped cream on top. No need for extra calories/fat. Excellent flavor and so easy to make.
Jan 21, 2013
I made this pie last night and came out so so i would actually cut back on the amount of lemon juice and not use the lemon zest... it was just to lemonie for my taste buds ... maybe in addition to the sour cream thrown in a tub of cool whip
Oct 1, 2012
We found another version of this in a little local grocery store in Lincoln City, OR and I had to search for the recipe so I could make it once I got home. I found this one and knew it would be good, and it didn't disapoint us. This is the best pie EVER!! I have already made one with a homemade cookie crumb crust and it was awesome. I am making it with Trader Joe's pie crust tonight and my husband is already drooling. Make this....it's worth it!!
Sep 28, 2012
My husband and I LOVED this. It set up beautifully. Thanks Martha.....thank you SO much.