Sour Cream Peach Pecan Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 4 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 2 tablespoons peach preserves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edge. In a large bowl, combine peaches and preserves. Transfer to pastry shell. In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, sour cream, egg yolks, flour and vanilla. Pour over peaches.
- Bake at 425° for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the flour, sugars, pecans and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over pie.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean and topping is golden brown. Cover edge with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool completely on a wire rack for 3 hours before serving. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 533 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 80g carbohydrate (57g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 11, 2017
I made this pie followed the recipe and it turned out perfect. My family and friends loved it. This is a keeper!
Mar 11, 2017
I love this pie!! I have made it several times. It always turns out perfectly! I am always requested to make it!! It is AMAZING!! My favorite pie ever!! Brenda Fehringer
Aug 21, 2015
I was not really thrilled with the pie. I thought the topping was way too much.
Aug 14, 2015
This turned out delicious. I was worried about it not setting up so I used corn starch in the filling instead of flour. I topping got a little brown so next time I will cover it with foil after the first 10 min. I will definitely make this again
Feb 22, 2015
As I always do when I use cream cheese, I added sour cream. Instead of the butter, I used Crisco substitute butter and the pie was absolutely delicious.
Sep 29, 2014
Great peach pie recipe. I cut back on the sugar and used rolled oats instead of pecans but otherwise followed as written. My family loved this rich and creamy peach pie very much. Definitely I will make this again .
Sep 6, 2014
Simple and easy but absolutely delicious.
Mar 17, 2013
Easy to make and fabulous tasting!
Oct 6, 2012
I was a pastry chef at a 4 star hotel and I made this pie all the time. I called it "The World's Best Peach Pie".
Aug 21, 2012
Words can not describe the taste of this pie - amazing and worth the 500 calories per slice! If you want to knock someones socks off with a very special dessert this is it. I baked the pie using a regular lard (tenderflake) crust.