Sour Cream Peach Pecan Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 4 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 2 tablespoons peach preserves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edge. In a large bowl, combine peaches and preserves. Transfer to pastry shell. In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, sour cream, egg yolks, flour and vanilla. Pour over peaches.
- Bake at 425° for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the flour, sugars, pecans and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over pie.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean and topping is golden brown. Cover edge with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool completely on a wire rack for 3 hours before serving. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 533 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 80g carbohydrate (57g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Aug 11, 2017
I made this pie followed the recipe and it turned out perfect. My family and friends loved it. This is a keeper!
Mar 11, 2017
I love this pie!! I have made it several times. It always turns out perfectly! I am always requested to make it!! It is AMAZING!! My favorite pie ever!! Brenda Fehringer
Aug 21, 2015
I was not really thrilled with the pie. I thought the topping was way too much.
Aug 14, 2015
This turned out delicious. I was worried about it not setting up so I used corn starch in the filling instead of flour. I topping got a little brown so next time I will cover it with foil after the first 10 min. I will definitely make this again
Feb 22, 2015
As I always do when I use cream cheese, I added sour cream. Instead of the butter, I used Crisco substitute butter and the pie was absolutely delicious.
Sep 29, 2014
Great peach pie recipe. I cut back on the sugar and used rolled oats instead of pecans but otherwise followed as written. My family loved this rich and creamy peach pie very much. Definitely I will make this again .
Sep 6, 2014
Simple and easy but absolutely delicious.
Mar 17, 2013
Easy to make and fabulous tasting!
Oct 6, 2012
I was a pastry chef at a 4 star hotel and I made this pie all the time. I called it "The World's Best Peach Pie".
Aug 21, 2012
Words can not describe the taste of this pie - amazing and worth the 500 calories per slice! If you want to knock someones socks off with a very special dessert this is it. I baked the pie using a regular lard (tenderflake) crust.