Buttermilk Lemon Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry. Trim, seal and flute edges; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the buttermilk, eggs, butter, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla. Add to sugar mixture; mix well. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 325°; bake 40-45 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 344 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 402mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Dec 28, 2016
Absolutely delicious. The buttermilk taste isn't obvious. The pie is sweet and tangy and easy to make.
Aug 22, 2016
My husband enjoys both the taste and texture of this refreshing and creamy pie
Mar 5, 2013
I LOVE this pie!!! It has become my go-to lemon pie recipe.
Mar 7, 2012
This pie was so delicious!! It was easy to make and all five of my kids loved it! We will put it on our list for thanksgiving!
Sep 21, 2011
This is kicking it up a notch to buttermilk pie. My friends use to ask for just for the buttermilk pie all the time, when I added the lemon/zest they even want it more. It is requested even more. I love it myself too!
Dec 15, 2010
Yummy! It is rich and delicious!