- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1-1/4 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, celery, onion and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer; drain. Stir in broth and sage.
- Bring to a boil. Stir in stuffing mix. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSkillet Sausage Stuffing
"I love this dish! Favorite way to serve? With a poached egg or two on top of a big mound of it!"
"Loved this though added another box of Stove Top Stuffing only because mine came out a bit too wet. I think I cooked the sausage/onion/celery mix too long and didn't add mushrooms since my husband isn't fond of them. Well, that was a little too much stuffing, so I'll cut back on the liquid next time. This flavor though is out-of-this-world. Used bulk Italian sausage."
"Do you use plain packaged stuffing or stove top turkey stuffing ?"
"So delicious! Loved it and will make again for sure!"
"This was so simple and delicious - everyone loved it!! I made it the day before and then heated in the oven - perfect!"
"I'm not crazy about stuffing, but this was delicious!! My whole family enjoyed it on Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing!!"
"My husband and I were alone for Thanksgiving so I used this recipe. We thought it was great! I only used 1/2# sausage and it was plenty. I think a pound would have been too much. I've already emailed it to my 4 sisters and I will make it again."
"It was excellent, so thanks Jennifer Lynn! I have often used a boxed stuffing mix and added 'goodies' to it when I was in a hurry. It always turned out great, and everyone loved it. Thank goodness for the 'shortcuts' which are available to us today. We loved this stuffing!"
"This is delicious. I used hot sausage because that's what I had on hand. It's so easy to make. The second time I made it I used it as a stuffing for large mushrooms. They disappeared rapidly."