- 1-1/2 pounds pork steak, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- 8 ounces noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushrooms, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, brown meat. Add the onions and celery; cook until onions are transparent. Stir in sauerkraut, noodles, soup and mushrooms; season with salt and pepper. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. casserole. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until the meat is tender. Stir occasionally. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forSauerkraut Hot Dish
"This is so yummy! We only baked it for 1 hour (stirring after 30 minutes) and it was perfect.~ Theresa"
"Substitute wild and white (or brown rice) rice for the noodles. Yum!"