- 1-1/2 pounds pork steak, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- 8 ounces noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushrooms, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, brown meat. Add the onions and celery; cook until onions are transparent. Stir in sauerkraut, noodles, soup and mushrooms; season with salt and pepper. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. casserole. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until the meat is tender. Stir occasionally. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forSauerkraut Hot Dish
"Tasty recipe, but visually unappealing. Very, very beige! Given the ingredients, not sure what can improve how it looks. Because, as they say, you eat with your eyes."
"This is so yummy! We only baked it for 1 hour (stirring after 30 minutes) and it was perfect.~ Theresa"
"Substitute wild and white (or brown rice) rice for the noodles. Yum!"