- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 pounds pork stew meat
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- 8 ounces egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown pork. Add onion and celery; cook until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in sauerkraut, noodles, soup and mushrooms; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, covered, stirring occasionally, until meat is tender, about 1-1/2 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSauerkraut Hot Dish
"Tasty recipe, but visually unappealing. Very, very beige! Given the ingredients, not sure what can improve how it looks. Because, as they say, you eat with your eyes."
"This is so yummy! We only baked it for 1 hour (stirring after 30 minutes) and it was perfect.~ Theresa"
"Substitute wild and white (or brown rice) rice for the noodles. Yum!"