Need a different pizza flavoring for a get-together, try sauerkraut! It makes such a delicious combination.—The Fremont Company
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 to 1-1/4 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fennel seed, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, well drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Press pizza dough onto a lightly greased 14-in. round pizza pan. Bake at 450° for 4 minutes; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, 1 teaspoon fennel seed, oregano, basil and garlic until the sausage is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain.
- Sprinkle crust with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Spread with pizza sauce, sausage mixture, tomatoes, sauerkraut and remaining fennel seed and mozzarella. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 450° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 472 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 1727mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fiber), 21g protein.
Apr 30, 2010
Very good. I didn't use the canned tomatoes, just the sauce. Also, I used ground turkey instead of pork. It was still very good.
May 22, 2009
My family LOVES this pizza. Also try with Canadian bacon instead of sausage. Delish!